Is your roof showing signs of wear, with mold or algae buildup, and you’re considering replacing it? Roof restoration is a cost-effective alternative that can transform your tiled or metal roof to a good-as-new state. In this article, we’ll explore the average cost of roof restoration and the services involved, helping you understand the expenses and offering tips to find reliable roof restoration experts in Sydney.
Average Cost of Roof Restoration:
Roof restoration can save you a significant amount compared to a complete roof replacement. To provide you with a ballpark idea, the estimated costs for various services are as follows:
- Roof cleaning: $250 to $500, depending on the roof surface’s condition.
- Spot repair: $200 to $500, varying based on the extent of the problem.
- Metal roof repairs: $48 to $58 per square meter.
- Tile roof repairs: $55 to $65 per square meter.
- Full roof restoration (average-sized house): Around $2500.
- Full restoration of a larger tiled roof: Between $4500 and $11,000.
Roof Restoration Cost per Square Meter in Sydney:
The cost of roof restoration per square meter tends to decrease for larger roofs, as setup costs and other expenses are spread out. As a rough guide, expect the following price ranges:
- Small roof: $28 to $38 perm2.
- Medium-sized roof: $22 to $28 per m2.
- Larger roof: $17 to $22 per m2.
What’s Involved in Roof Restoration?
Roof restoration is not a DIY project due to the specialized skills and safety risks involved in working at heights. It’s best to hire a professional roof restorer, which may increase the overall restoration cost. The restoration process can include:
- Replacing individual tiles or roof sheets.
- Realignment and resealing of the roofing.
- Roof repainting and reporting.
Metal Roof Restoration:
For metal roofing, repairs typically involve patching up localized leaks or replacing damaged roof sheets. A patch made from the same metal or Colorbond as the original sheet is used to cover the leak, secured with metal screws, and sealed to prevent further leakage.
Roof Tile Restoration:
Repairing broken or faulty roof tiles is crucial to prevent structural damage and costly repairs. Apart from tile replacement, additional costs may include rebedding and roof repointing. A roof restorer may also apply an anti-fungicide and sealer for added protection.
Ways to Finance Roof Restoration:
If you’re concerned about the cost, several options can help make roof restoration more affordable, such as:
- Personal loans or specialized home improvement loans offered by lenders.
- Refinancing or restructuring your existing home loan for cost-effectiveness.
- Credit cards (be cautious of high-interest fees for late payments).
Hiring a Roof Restorer:
When hiring a roof restorer, it’s essential to choose the right professional for the job. Consider asking the following questions:
- Are you licensed?
- Do you have valid insurance?
- Can you provide a written quote?
- How long is the warranty on your materials?
- Can you provide references?
Getting Quotes for Roof Restoration in Sydney:
When requesting quotes for roof restoration, provide detailed information about the job, including:
- Approximate roof size.
- Roof pitch.
- Roof type (tiled or metal).
- The number of stories in your home.
Ensure that the quotes include all services and costs, such as cleaning, preparation, and the number of paint coats for painting jobs.
Roof restoration in Sydney offers a cost-effective way to revitalize your roof and extend its lifespan. By understanding the services involved and getting quotes from reliable professionals, you can find an affordable solution to restore your roof to its former glory. Invest in a professional roof restorer to ensure a high-quality job and a long-lasting result.
Get your free quote here.