Top 5 Reasons To Keep Your Gutters Clean?
Cleaning gutters to remove leaves, sticks, and debris should be a top priority on your to-do list as a homeowner. Keeping leaves out of gutters is crucial for protecting the structure of your home and preventing often costly inconveniences in the future. There are several reasons why cleaning your gutters is important, and we’ve outlined five of them below.
- Prevent water damage. When gutters and downpipes are blocked with leaves and debris, rainwater may not drain properly. As water overflows from gutters, it can cause water damage on both the interior and exterior of your home.
- Protect your roof. Clogged gutters give rainwater nowhere to run. When water continues to accumulate and flood, it can leave rotten fascia or leaks in the roof or walls.
- Keep pests from causing trouble. Gutters clogged with leaves can make desirable homes for rodents, birds, and insects.
- Reduce the risk of a cracked foundation. When water is blocked from travelling away from your home, it can pool around the foundation of your house.
- Save you money. Gutter and downpipe cleaning can help prevent unexpected and expensive projects down the road. Taking preventive measures now can help minimize the likelihood of having to repair or replace your roof.
If you are having issues with your gutters – give one of our specialists at King Group Australia a call today!